I have a 1989 VW Cabriolet with a bad transmission, will a 1993 AUG code 5 speed transmission fit in my car?

Asked by Feb 11, 2013 at 09:46 PM about the 1989 Volkswagen Cabriolet Best Seller

Who can say offhand? you are going to have to physically measure all the mounting points and clearances, bolt holes and fasteners needed. Perhaps at one glance a person could tell, but an island of measurement is where ye be if you're going to take a whack at it offhand.

perhaps there are different mounting faces that have been documented over the years...one would have to do a bit of information gathering. I'm sure they've only got a dozen pattern castings. Clearance of the shift lever---you did not say that the cab was a manual, presumably an automatic, so clutch would have to be fitted..oy the challenges~

110

Probably. But you will most likely have to create a driver side mount. Any manual transaxle from a Mk I VW (Rabbit, GTI, Jetta, or Cabby) will fit without modification.