Replacing 1989 VW Cabriolet In Tank Fuel Pump and Fuel Guage Sending Unit

Asked by Jul 18, 2015 at 04:26 PM about the 1989 Volkswagen Cabriolet Boutique

When replacing these, do you typically have to buy the 2 parts separate or can you get an
OEM replacement of the complete assembly?  Given where these parts go (in tank), I am
hesitant about doing this incorrectly.

1,435

These are separate parts, but not too hard to replace. They're accessed through a port under the back seat. You may want to check the main fuel pump along with that transfer pump in the tank. And the fuel filter too.