92 dodge stealth

10

Asked by Jan 21, 2013 at 06:55 PM about the 1992 Dodge Stealth 2 Dr ES Hatchback

I have trouble starting my 92 dodge stealth after letting it sit all night. it acts like it wants to start. after trying five or six times it will start. Once running I will try and take off but lacks power. stutters when giving gas. then trying to stop I let my foot off the clutch and the RPMs drop and the car stalls out but will start right back up. How or where do I begin looking? Should I try the Idle air control?

55

check your fuel filter, ck your fuel pressure. check your air filter.after it sits allnight check the fuel arm to the injectors to see if it has fuel in it with pressure. it could be about anything. check your catalictic converter sorry about the spelling. it sounds like a fuel or air prob?

113,215

I agree with frank. But if all that checks out I would do a compression check on all cylinders. It should be somewhere between 150 to 200 psi. If all are not close to one another and in that range you probably have damaged valves. How many miles is on your car and when was timing belt last changed?

Best Answer Mark helpful
10

I have resolved the idle issue. there is a pig tail on the top of the top right of the motor (don't have any idea what it's called or what its plugged into) that is all smashed and held together with a zip tie. I need a new one but havent a clue how to tell someone.