Temperature control

Asked by Nov 30, 2012 at 09:55 AM about the 1984 Cadillac Eldorado Base Coupe

I have a 1984 Eldorado and the climate control sort of does what it wants. If you set the temperature to 68 degrees it blows warm air until it hits around 80 degrees. So I roll down the window or turn it off. I changed the the control unit in the dashboard but the same thing continues. Could be the replacement was faulty as well (came from a junk yard). Even when it's turned off it comes back on for a few seconds. Any comments or suggestions would be welcomed.

It very well could be a bad one from a junkyard. They will sell you anything they have, even if they guarantee it all that work down the drain. Opps, Salvage, or Auto recyclers that is. PC.