What is the difference between a dodge spirit le sadan and dodge spirit le turbo sadan

20

Asked by Sep 23, 2013 at 09:56 AM about the 1992 Dodge Spirit 4 Dr LE Turbo Sedan

2,395

Don't know much about American cars but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the second one has a turbo charger bolted to the engine.

405

that would be my guess as well.

2,395

What's that, the lady asks what a turbo charger does... Well allow me to explain as simply as possible. A turbo charger is essentially a fan which forces more air into your engine giving you more power. Turbos draw gasses from the exhaust to spin a primary fan which is connected to a larger secondary fan. This secondary fan sucks in huge amounts of air from outside the car and forces it into the engine a lot quicker than a standard airbox ever could. The faster the turbo spins, the faster you go essentially. The trouble with turbos is that it takes a while for the bigger fan to spin fast enough to have any effect on air flow in to the engine causing what's known as "turbo lag". Turbo lag is the time it takes the turbo to "spool up" and become effective and in some cars, particularly series 1 ford escort cosworths of the 90's, is often described as being kicked in the back due to the car driving like a standard 2 litre until the turbo kicks in and delivers a massive lump of extra power all at once. In short, turbos are fun!

i agree 100 pecent