my 98 deville drivers window don't work its not the swtich as i have another one all other windows work

5

Asked by Jun 09, 2015 at 09:08 PM about the 1989 Cadillac DeVille Base Coupe

i replaced the switch with one from the junk yard the old one would roll down but had to push real real hard to get back up so i tried that switch and nothing happens so it is not the switch all my other windows go down just not the driver window  is there a fuse just for the driver window?

64,415

Sound,s like the motor drive is wore out,this year model and driver window is used the most,check window motor.

18,560

Yes replace window motor just replaced one doing the same as your problem. Window would start to go up and stop and same thing going down. Replaced motor now working.

70

Check connection at window motor ,,most likely motor is bad Replace!!

18,560

If your test light lite up when you touched one wire going to motor with window switch clicked in the up or down position then put test light to other wire and click switch other way and it lights up you have power going to motor so that means motor is bad.