I have a 1979 Mercedes Benz 207d campervan and am attempting to replace the water pump but it appears to be attached to the pulley. Can anyone assist on the water pump replacement process?

Asked by Oct 11, 2015 at 06:32 AM about the 1983 Mercedes-Benz 240 D

I have removed the radiator and serpentine belt
but cannot remove the water pump pulley.

21,285

You need a puller- and there may be limited space even for that- professional mechanics have tools like this- that's why they charge lotsa money-

Thanks for your reply. So are you saying it just pulls off the pump. Because it looks like the end section on the pump is actually stuck in the pulley? And it won't be able to fit over the pump of I try to pull it off

2,265

If you've taken the bolts out of the pulley just give it a tap with a hammer to free it up. It's an old ass bus and the pulley might never have been off before.

Legend mate. You are correct. Cheers

2,265

Welcome buddy. Don't forget to chalk it up as best answer so ppl knows I'm legit.

Best Answer