just drove car, then wouldnt start. getting a code 12

Asked by Oct 15, 2011 at 12:51 PM about the 1992 Dodge Shadow 2 Dr Highline Convertible

motor is turning over

70

Hi ! Try replacing all spark plugs, plug wires with better plugs and 8 m/m plug wires, plus new distributor cap ,Rotor and sensor. then replace fuel filter, then use better gas. Plus vs Reg., if that doesn't work try replacing fuel pump inside the fuel tank. if that doesn't work try replacing any vacuum lines. Also if you have the air cleaner like I have take it off and unsrew all the torks type screws and replace the filter that never gets replaced 2' x2' squared white foam type filter, remember to pre oil it with light oil or K&N filter oil spray. Mine was so dirty I had to clean all the grease and dirt from it, then after all that , believe it or not I got better mileage, 4 to 9 miles per gallon more.

thanks for reply, i have done a good job replacing alot of things for better preformance. the problem i found out, was coil and eng, coolant sensor.

70

Hi! Bob, Glad you got your car running again. How was the Eng. coolant sensor the main reason? Yes , I have been having problems with my coil until I bought an aftermarket one ACCELL. Bob , once the car gets around 225,000 replace your Distributor and then feel the difference. Also put in nitrogen in you tires vs. compressed air