How do you remove the steering wheel?

Asked by May 28, 2014 at 04:32 PM about the 1988 Buick Reatta Coupe FWD

My ignition switch won't turn and my steering wheel won't move. I assume once I take off the steering wheel i can get it unlocked. I've taken off the main nut securing it to the steering column but it won't budge. HELP PLEASE!!!!

9,865

You will need a steering wheel puller to remove it.

Best Answer Mark helpful
17,145

TopShadeTree- there is a Tom that posts here and his answers have shown me to be careful about giving advice on things that are safety related (brakes as an example) If someone has no idea how to pull apart the steering column ,then maybe we should just advise them to STOP for safety reasons and seek a shop. Just like I have stopped answering questions on topics that are in the Owner's Manual. From now on I am going to be careful about talking about brakes,etc..

17,145

so Joseph - have you ever done this job before and if you haven't then please don't start now.

9,865

gotcha, chassy i see your point,

Best Answer Mark helpful