my 89' Buick Reatta, The right head lamp when turning the lights off, won't close or shot-off

Asked by Aug 06, 2016 at 09:57 AM about the 1989 Buick Reatta STD Coupe

Tanner Smith

ebay and some car part sites sell a little kit with teflon/plastic bushings that you can replace the ones in you light motor with. I have a set since I have the same problem in my 1990. You can use the manual gear to raise or lower the lights. It's oin the end of the light motor and looks like a large black plastic cap. Good luck. Vince

There are two things that fail on the headlight mechanism. (1) the arm/lever that attaches to the motor shaft wears out in the center and the arm will just spin on the motor shaft. (2) inside the motor, there are 3 plastic rollers that connect the parts, these crack then get ground-up by the mechanism, they may be shot. I am the Buick club technical me and I can help on the picture and send me a message