my 89' Buick Reatta, The right head lamp when turning the lights off, won't close or shot-off

Asked by Aug 06, 2016 at 09:57 AM about the 1989 Buick Reatta STD Coupe

25

ebay and some car part sites sell a little kit with teflon/plastic bushings that you can replace the ones in you light motor with. I have a set since I have the same problem in my 1990. You can use the manual gear to raise or lower the lights. It's oin the end of the light motor and looks like a large black plastic cap. Good luck. Vince

850

There are two things that fail on the headlight mechanism. (1) the arm/lever that attaches to the motor shaft wears out in the center and the arm will just spin on the motor shaft. (2) inside the motor, there are 3 plastic rollers that connect the parts, these crack then get ground-up by the mechanism, they may be shot. I am the Buick club technical advisor....contact me and I can help you...click on the picture and send me a message

850

These photos may also help Reatta owners with headlight problems. One picture shows 3 arms/bellcranks with different degrees of problems (see center hole) The other picture show the big white gear inside the motor and the rollers that attach it to the output shaft. This picture shows good rollers and what is remaining of rollers that have cracked and have been ground down by the mechanism.

850

Sorry, it would only allow me to post one picture or I don't know how to post more than one in a single reply...here is arm picture