Car wont start,

15

Asked by Mar 22, 2013 at 05:34 PM about the 1988 Buick LeSabre Custom Sedan

new crank and cam sensors, has fuel coming out of injectors,and has spark to each cylinder.. Took valve cover off and watched exhaust and intake valves open right on  time, acts like timing, but everything checks out! Can the alarm system still keep it from starting, it has one of those keys with a chip in it..

90,065

Everything sounds good. Try some starting fluid to see if you're getting enough fuel. If it fires, your spark is good and it needs fuel.

15

Plenty of fuel to the plugs! I'm wondering what tells the coil pack the number cylinder it must fire.. Can the coil pack still fire but have a problem of its own, and possibly causing all cylinders to fire at once just an example.. But could 2 or more cylinders be firing at the same time and not when they are supposed to? There is also no security light on or blinking, for the alarm. I can't find a fuse or relay to disable the system, but I would think, in time,great spark, mucho gas in cylinders, it should run.. What set it off was an upper intake failure.. solved that also.. I even have the exhaust lowered in case there was water in it from the intake failure...

15

Oh and already tried starting fluid lol..