after botched car jump... car dies at low RPM.

Asked by Feb 27, 2014 at 09:10 PM about the 1988 Buick Century Custom Sedan

I was jumping my friends car with my old buick sedan and they set the cables on their car
while I had the positive and negative terminals connected on my car.  There was sparking
and we disconnected.  Now, the buick(my car) dies when being driven and seems to do it
at low RPM or idle.  Thoughts?

94,815

It could have caused a feed back through the ECM, you could try an ECM reset by disconnecting the battery, turn on the headlights for 30 seconds, turn off the headlights, re connect the battery, start the engine and drive it as you normally would, that will allow the ECM to relearn.