1992 chrysler daytona signal switch

Asked by Jul 24, 2013 at 08:57 PM about the 1992 Dodge Daytona 2 Dr ES Hatchback

my turn signal switch does not work it is the type on the instrument cluster.know where i can get replacment or how to install a different type of switch

68,635

Your turn signal switch is in the steering column. Are you referring to the hazard (4 way) warning flasher switch? -Jim

55

I had a serious issue with my left turn signal that no one seemed to be able to fix. It almost got me a ticket here in Largo, FL. (where no one uses their signals, anyway but I got "picked on" by a county sheriff who was following me way too closely) Long story short, I finally found someone who was willing to tear the whole cluster panel apart and found the problem, and actually fixed it. The problem was in the cluster panel, it was a break in the solder circuit path on the printed circuit board. It works fine now. Good luck, I hope this helps.

68,635

Thanks for letting us know. Glad to hear it's fixed. BTW hang onto that mechanic. He/she sounds really good!! Most places would have told you the whole instrument cluster needed to be replaced!! -Jim

55

Yes, we tried replacing the whole instrument cluster panel, and same problem. You can't find a decent one in a junkyard, so the only option was to hope someone could repair it and they did. After the incident with that cop, I was afraid to drive her any more until it was fixed.