what is the best oil filter under 15 dollars?

25

Asked by May 06, 2015 at 09:06 PM about the 1987 Ford Tempo GL

Going to be changing the oil on my 1987 ford tempo GL soon and was curious on what
brand of filter would be best for under 15 bucks =) thanks

78,565

I run CarQuest filters in my rigs.

7,030

The Best? Motorcraft. But you can learn all about it and discuss and view cut-aways at NAPA to understand why. Some best filters are dressed up as generic and vice versa........Putting a silk dress on a pig would not make you date it.....right?

7,030

They are cute though, dont get me wrong.

31,645

It's a Ford, put a Motorcraft on it. Likely available at Walmart, online or at your Ford dealer. I like Motorcraft, Purolator Pure One, Mobil1, or Wix filters. I wouldn't use a Fram filter if they were free. Just my 2 cents.

7,030

I agree, bob, you dont find cheapo filters dressed up as a motorcraft. There are so few filter makers, yet so many colors and packages. every now and then there is a filter recall, the last one I read was an A/C filter, for its o'ring. kinda rare. but what's inside makes all the difference.

7,030

The FL-1 HP can be used on many Fords. it is magnetized internally. If you have the length space, it's the premuim.

4,495

All the major brands are built to meet manufactures specifications. Be cautious of the house brands and super cheap ones. I use Fram on my Expedition

7,030

Suure. and a quarter pounder is 100% pure beef. That's why I say, look at the filters they keep at the part stores for disassembly and explanation, some are put together well and some are not. Even brands you trust can have a weak, cheap version with a nice familiar paint job. You could view u-tube videos to see what sometimes happens, and get testimonials for and against.