Starting Problem with 1985 Ford Tempo

35

Asked by Jan 03, 2015 at 11:34 PM about the 1985 Ford Tempo GLX

Was told the fuel pump and sending unit was bad. Replace with new. Replaced fuel
injector, rebuild Throttle Body, new fuel pressure regulator Can hear pump activate when
car ignition is turned on. No gas will come through the Fuel Injector, until ether is sprayed
inside throttle body to get engine to start using ether. Once engine has enough rotation,
car starts. What is causing this problem? Ignition module has been replaced also.

106,105

Did you bleed all the air out of the fuel lines after installation of new items?

35

Yes..I also know that there may be a sensor that keeps the fuel pressure in the line as a cutoff but have not been able to locate the sensor. Once the car is running, no hesitation or problems with fuel at all. I would think that air in the line would be a continuation even while running.

106,105

possibly dirty/faulty idle air control valve or throttle position sensor causing this issue. Might double check the electrical connections on both could just be one loose.