i have a mercedes 190e year 1988 with carburetor engine...it doesnt run fast when i press the accelerator to the max... some ideas please

Asked by Apr 02, 2015 at 09:06 AM about the 1988 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class 190E 2.3 Sedan

7,000

Look at the parts websites for the parts that are actually in use on your engine. if it has a carburetor, think about the circuits in the carburetor. Pressing the accellerator would activate the accellerator pump diaphragm via linkage. depending on load and speed ? the power valve. Then inspect yours for obvious problems, leaks, hoses, etc. Show it to a german car specialist or dealer service department, ask about what goes wrong with them. How much is a rebuild ? How much can I order the parts for and do it myself? peach parts and pelican parts as well as autohaus are like a Godsend. Fuel filters are rated and priced accordingly. What is past due for maintenance? filters ? My own 190E has cis- e, not a carburetor, so teach yourself and try the easy stuff first. Benzworld website and peachparts both have forums with knowledgeable folks frequenting them. I wont hazard any guesses without being able to see it having the concern.

1,435

If I understand you issue: You press the pedal and the car does not rev higher - meaning depressing the pedal doesn't do anything - it may be as simple as your accelerator pedal cable link to the engine. Rather than explain it, please go to www.mercedessource.com and look up accelerator cable for the w201 series.

7,000

He sorta says at WOT, no power enrichment ? Or if it has a secondary, theres no secondary, could perhaps be the secondary diaphragm, if it was vacuum secondary equipped. If it was an autolite, a motorcraft or a 2 jet, I could give you chapter and verse. that's why I think he needs to tear into them and see what makes em tik tok. Yards are saving some of the stuff, and the u-pull-it yards crush after parting them, you could make 1 of 2 or use theirs and graft your goodies on. I would like to say what manual to get but I have chased so many without need for carb data. happy Ishtar.

7,000

I looked in the haynes for that year 190E Einspritzer , nine Karbengruver.

7,000

Bent linkage? maladjusted ? worn hoopy on the rolly thing? WOT switch ? does yours have standard or auto trans ? Seem to remember some auto trans cable issue, hmm can't say I recall. TSB perhaps ? public library? maybe.

7,000

just googled ( mercedes 190e carburetor 1988 ) Clicked on the first pic.... Rolled a few pages by and saw drawing..... Clicked on that.... went to that page..... saw catalog view......sure looks like a secondary diaphragm in the drawing, item 392 I think. Mercedes benz of south atlanta catalog......

7,000

You can research yours in their database while you tear it down, find failed parts, build your parts list, call Benzparts wholesale....( Once you have completely identified your benz. and the part numbers you need.)... They have access to all the items no longer available to your dealer. Ask for Marty