I have a 1986 Mercedes 190D. How do you remove the headrests from the front seats?

Asked by Jun 28, 2014 at 01:36 PM about the 1986 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class 190D 2.5 Diesel Sedan

I want to remove the sheep skin seat covers and replace them with new.  I can not get the
headrests off of the front seats.  What is the trick?

If my memory serves me right i think there's a button in the back of the seat. Climb into the back of the car and starting from the top where the headrest comes out of the seat, feel your way down the backrest.

Best Answer Mark helpful

Right on Mick. Worked like a charm. So clever those German car builders.

Remove the backrest of each seat - there are two screwa at the left and right bottom. If your seats are manual, the answers above are correct; if you have electric - there is a WHITE plastic lock on the LEFT headrest pillar at its bottom; simply SLIDE the top of the white section toward the RIGHT.