Toyota Van missing will not idle for more than a few seconds

Asked by Jul 03, 2013 at 04:53 PM about the 1989 Toyota Van LE 4WD Passenger Van

I have a 1989 Toyota Van Wagon LE. I bought the van about a year ago and it has sat
since then. Prior to my buying it the previous owner had done some mudding with it so
the bottom has a lot of hardened mud. Something may have come loose or been jarred
too much from the off-roading that could be causing my problem but I don't know. He said
it ran fine before that so I'm guessing it has something to do with it. When I finally go
around to messing with it in the past few days the fuel pump had gone out so I replaced it
with a smaller one from a 4Runner. The van starts and drives but it is missing pretty bad
and will not idle for more than a few seconds without needing you to push the gas. I have
replaced all of the spark plugs and still nothing changes. I have a fuel pressure gauge but
need some help finding where to splice in. Anyone got any ideas on what might be
causing my problem? The van is a 4x4 5 speed.

237,255

Did you put some fuel additive or new fuel in it? You might have water/condensation in the fuel.