May I add Lucas Transmission Stop Slip & Leak?

Asked by Aug 09, 2015 at 11:58 AM about the 1988 Mercedes-Benz 560-Class 560SEC Coupe

Automatic transmission was slipping and now it will not shift out of first. Had a rear
main seal leak & my mechanic said it was not bad, but repair would cost almost
$1,000 which I don't have at this time.

58,345

All that Lucas Transmission stuff will do is make your wallet lighter.

20,820

Yes give it a try its either going to work or not work. If it works great if not its not going to make the problem any worse and it is a inexpensive way to try but would be worth it if it does work

Thanks firebird338 ~~ that is what I was going to try, as I had already purchased the product. I agree ~~ either it works or it doesn't.

20,820

That's right I have used Lucas Products before with great results like the power steering fluid for a hard steering and a small leak and the engine oil stabilizer for a tap in my engine and I even used Bars Radiator leak and it has worked for me for a year and a half now with no problems. I have read some peoples testimonies saying it does not work but most of them say that it does that is why I will always recommend trying it first.

To firebird338 ~~ Thank you! It worked and whatever 'grace period' it gives me, I am grateful for. Didn't have $900 to stop the leak in the rear main seal. The transmission is NOT slipping and it shifted beautifully today. I'll keep a close watch on it ~~ thanks again!

58,345

Wow, I'm glad it worked. Hope it lasts for a while!