sunroof will not close

Asked by Oct 07, 2013 at 03:24 PM about the 1988 Mercedes-Benz 560-Class 560SEL Sedan

have a 560 sel and my sunroof  just stop while i was closing it last week .how can i close it all the way

2,345

Open the boot lid and remove the side panels (both of them purely because I cannot remember which side the motor is located). Now bolted to the frame you should find the motor for the sunroof and a white (possibly) 19mm bolt looking thing. Attach whatever size socket or spanner you can and turn it. This is the manual motor over ride.

The sunroof just stopped all of a sudden while closing. It's still open. I have started the car turned it off still it won't close. How do I get this closed. 1988 Mercedes

2,345

Read the answer above. It's the same reply to all Mercedes-Benz with an electric sunroof...

10

ok just making sure because someone said it was a fuse

10

I am a single female, what is the boot lid? Is that the trunk?

2,345

Ah, an American. Yes, the trunk. There may be a flap in one of the side panels which will give you access to the sunroof motor in case of motor failure. This is just a temporary fix so that you can close the roof, you should have an electrician take a look at it.

10

Thank you so much it worked!!!

2,345

Your welcome. Glad I could help.