Fuel Problem with my 1987 Mercedes 560SEC

Asked by Apr 18, 2016 at 01:14 AM about the 1987 Mercedes-Benz 560-Class 560SEC Coupe

will start a little rough sometimes but after driving a mile starts to loose speed and drop RPM, Vacuum starts to red line gas gauge starts moving erratically, starts loosing speed/power (specially in a grade) until it chokes to a stop after a couple a minutes (5-10) I restart and the cycle repeats!!  I have changed fuel filter and both fuel pumps.

21,965

ok- you have a car that is 1) almost 30 years old- 2) a very expensive car when it was new, capable of 150 mph and engineered in a complex way- 3) a Mercedes that needs an experienced MB mechanic to keep it running right- SO, my guess is that it needs a major service, performed by a certified MB mechanic- sorry I can't help you beyond that- but you want to be livin' large without paying for it- good luck