86 Mercedes 560sec wont start

15

Asked by Aug 11, 2015 at 01:34 AM about the 1986 Mercedes-Benz 560-Class 560SEC Coupe

i have a non-abused 86 Mercedes 560sec that turns over but will not start. One day
after coming out of a store it would not start. half an hour later a friend came to help
me tow it home. before leaving i tried it  it started and i was able to drive it home. the
next day it would not restart. (6 years latter and my some has now taken this on now
so every thing described after this is his wording) brought one of are trucks up or
tractor with fully charged gel sells i can get the car to kick when using spray start. was
able to get the car to run on its own once being jumped directly to my truck with twin
battery (i did disconnect the cars battery) it ran for about 7min then it cleanly died off.
haven't been able  to get it to go since. any help is welcome because im trying to get
this to be my daily for junior and senor year in HS.

thank you for looking
-Liam

104,195

I would perform a full tune up on the car which includes cap, wires, coil, spark plugs, I would remove all the old fuel, blow the lines out, new fuel filter. This will give you a good start.

15

done that i did try that thank you. the fuel system was drained before the car sat and as for the cap wires and plugs they where done a year be for the cars failure to start. just a few weeks ago as i started this project the fuel filter was replaced (im going to at some point but reluctant to pull it all apart to also change the fuel accumulator.) the next things is im going to put a coil on order. thank your for input. i also tested the CPS(crankshaft position senor) by setting the volts meter to volts low and then cranked the car over there was a voltage coming off of it.