finding hood release inside 1988 560 SEL

125

Asked by Nov 10, 2014 at 04:06 PM about the 1986 Mercedes-Benz 560-Class 560SEL Sedan

Is it a round button that says P?    I cannot seem to find it.   Thank you.

125

I cannot find release latch inside my 560 sel to open hood.

2 steps..hood release lever on the drivers side kick panel under the dash. Safety hook inside the Star in the grille on the left.

125

I'm a female - if that helps. WHY can't I find it?, I'll go outside and look again. It's that inside release under the dash I'm struggling with.

Oh, that's got nothing to do with it. I looked until I was blue in the face for a picture but none to be found. Start pulling levers and knobs and everything..unless it's broken off, it's got to be there

1,920

Under the steering wheel step one then latch under the hood lol.

1,725

Ford Nut is not correct - unless you've got an SL; the SEL is on the lower extreme left side; once you pull that a second lever will pop thru your front grille - PULL that one as you lift.

Best Answer Mark helpful
30

Pulled lever inside; hood popped up, there is No lever inside star; even used flashlight to try to find it. What now?

125

Thank you, Rick. From Valerie in Scottsdale.

There is no lever inside my 1986 SL 560!

The 1989 Mercedes 560SL coupe has the hood lever next to the parking brake release lever. The hood lever is low to the ground on the side wall driver side. You place your right hand on it and pull toward you. The hood will partially move up. You then face the hood and place your left hand in the center star circle on the top right and feel for a hook that goes down and away from you. When you touch the hook you pull it toward you while you use your other hand to lift the hood to the desired height where it will stay open. The user manual does not properly show the lever inside the car well but does show the star hook location. It is page 72 on the user's manual.