finding hood release inside 1988 560 SEL

85

Asked by Nov 10, 2014 at 04:06 PM about the 1986 Mercedes-Benz 560-Class 560SEL Sedan

Is it a round button that says P?    I cannot seem to find it.   Thank you.

85

I cannot find release latch inside my 560 sel to open hood.

2 steps..hood release lever on the drivers side kick panel under the dash. Safety hook inside the Star in the grille on the left.

85

I'm a female - if that helps. WHY can't I find it?, I'll go outside and look again. It's that inside release under the dash I'm struggling with.

Oh, that's got nothing to do with it. I looked until I was blue in the face for a picture but none to be found. Start pulling levers and knobs and everything..unless it's broken off, it's got to be there

1,700

Under the steering wheel step one then latch under the hood lol.

1,565

Ford Nut is not correct - unless you've got an SL; the SEL is on the lower extreme left side; once you pull that a second lever will pop thru your front grille - PULL that one as you lift.

Best Answer
20

Pulled lever inside; hood popped up, there is No lever inside star; even used flashlight to try to find it. What now?

85

Thank you, Rick. From Valerie in Scottsdale.