what would cause this

10

Asked by Sep 29, 2014 at 12:45 PM about the 1992 Dodge Dakota 2 Dr LE 4WD Extended Cab SB

I have 1992 dodge dakota 5.2 4wd i have changed the plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, airfilter, module, crankshaft sensor, and fuel filter. The problem i am having the truck will start and run decent and runs good once it runs for a min but when i travel for 10-20 mins and turn off to get something at the store or where ever she will start then run really rough back fire etc and threw this didnt just all of a sudden happen it is progressing and getting worst. any ideas?

66,575

Check the fuel pressure,sound,s like fuel pump may be acting up.

66,575

You will have to check it when it act,s up,or you want know anything is wrong with it.

10

Well when I start it it smells very rich and like it's gasping for air then after 30 secs to a min it runs normal.

200

Check the ignition coil cold and hot

10

Okay I will thanks,..could the throttle body sensor cause this problem?

66,575

Check the egr valve,may be sticking causing it to flood it,self,or as you stated,starving for air.

10

Thanks man will do