Alternator brand new not charging battery aauto zone checked alternator says its good

Asked by Feb 07, 2015 at 05:08 PM about the 1989 Volvo 740 GL

38,425

Your battery may be too old to hold a charge anymore. If your alternator is new, the only thing that can be the problem is your battery. How old is your current battery?

46,415

Always check the condition of the battery cables first. If they are corroded clean them or replace them as necessary. Then the battery must be charged and load tested to determine its condition.