I have a 1992 Dodge Caravan. It was running fine then just died.

Asked by Nov 05, 2013 at 07:27 PM about the 1992 Dodge Caravan 3 Dr SE Passenger Van

I have a 1992 Dodge Caravan.  It was running fine then when I went to turn a corner it died.  It started back up but died again when I came to a stop.  Now it keeps dying when I stop.  I've checked all the fluids and the air filter.  The timing belt was replaced 8 months ago. What could be wrong with it?

274,405

Check your battery and all battery cable connections. How is the idle? Smooth, hesitates? Any noises?

Best Answer Mark helpful
80

I have a 1994 Dodge Caravan and my car also had the similar situation before . I think you should realize the following steps : - Check the Pump and the Filter of fuel electrical pump at the fuel tank - Check the Idle speed valve ( which control the intake air ) - Check the position camshaft sensor ( if having ) , I'm not sure about it , I mention this issue because the replacing of timing belt). For my car , i checked and adjusted the crankshaft position sensor Wish you success

Thank you both for your suggestions. The battery connection was the problem. Thank you so much for your help.