I have a 1986 Volvo DL that will not turn over, has power and battery.

Katie Kaye

Asked by Sep 27, 2014 at 08:36 AM about the 1986 Volvo 240 DL

When I went to move my Volvo out of the driveway, it had run within two weeks prior. Fully charged battery, but will not turn over, could this be a simple switch? no action with key, other than powers up.

The battery cables probably have corrosion on their clamps or are just loose. Enough power comes through to light up your dash but not enough to crank it? Clean with baking soda and a cloth or an old trick is to pour Coke on the terminals. Tighten them up. This might not be your answer, but it's a cheap first step and will probably fix your problem. Good luck!

Benedetto Morselli

how is the fuse 6 and fuse 10 on the 1984 240 volvo related. my battery runs down. i put a amp meter on the battery neg. terminal and found a 300ma current flow. i pulled the number6 fuse and all the current went away. but i found out the the windows do not go up and down. the window fuse is number 10. what is happening?