ELECTRICAL ISSUES

Asked by May 19, 2014 at 09:02 PM about the 1986 Porsche 944 Turbo Hatchback

THE POWER WINDOWS, WIPERS, A/C FAN SWITCH, TEMP GAUGE AND TACH
ALL NOT WORKING. GOT ANY SUGGESTIONS. I TRIED CLEANING ALL THE
GROUND LOCATIONS. NOTHING SEEMS TO HELP.

22,725

trying to keep a 924/944 running requires much diligence- get a wiring diagram and a test light- check your fuses- but with this "cluster" of non- functioning electrical components I would guess it is a bad connector or a fusable link-

1,770

Try running a short battery cable directly from the negative battery terminal directly to the engine block. A good grounding point is the coolant return line bolt at the side of the engine in the rear. I soldered the new cable to the old one, thus leaving two ground cables. This worked for me. A new short cable was a cheap fix in my case. Good luck.