The question is a bout a 1993 Dodge Stealth

Asked by Jan 05, 2015 at 09:01 PM about the 1993 Dodge Stealth 2 Dr R/T Hatchback

Front wheel drive. 181,000 miles plus. the timing belt has broken. the repair guy says
it may have caused the cylinder heads to be damaged. Total repair cost might be about
around $3,000. Is it worth repairing if  both timing belt and cylinder heads and anything else
needs to be repaired?

24,765

I don't know if a 93 Stealth is worth that sort of repair cost, most I see for sale go for 3K or less - so is the car collectible enough to be worth that kind of investment? That's up to you. But for 3,000 you can rebuild the engine and not just have a timing chain and heads replaced. Find a small shop, or an engine builder, pull the motor, rebuild it, you'll get a lot more bang for your buck.

KenF Thanks for the response. I think your ideas are right, except for rebuilding the engine I might just buy some other car..

240

i have the same problem with my 94 stealth going on but when mt timeing belt brock i only bent an intake valve i paid 1000 at local dealer ship and had new belt water pump and heads put on the cars are getting rear to find in good running condision but if its not the r/t awd i would not put 3000 worth of work it to it i would sell it has parts car they are getting rear some one will need a part and buy the whole car