Dodge stealth engine question

5

Asked by May 02, 2012 at 11:41 PM about the 1993 Dodge Stealth 2 Dr R/T Hatchback

I am thinking about buying a dodge stealth r/t. not sure on the year. but the person told me that the engine is only
running on the back 3 cylinders. What might be the problem with this. i dont wanna get into something that will take
more money then its worth. The person also said that he replaced almost the whole top portion of the engine
besides the cam

13,265

I would be pretty cautious on this one. It seems odd that he would go through replacing top end of engine and settle for running on three cylinders to sell. It could be something as simple as wires being misplaced, injectors plugged or as serious as bad cylinders. At least what you can do is a cold compression check. This will give you some idea mechanically of the condition of the engine. If he is reluctant to let you check it further I would steer away.

75

I wold save your money and find one thats running better

95

it all depends on what he wants for it and how far you wanna get into it... i just bought one with a bad motor in it for a grand and had to put a whole new engine in it. So i basically bought it for the body and just put a new engine in it

5

Drew, where did you get your engine??

95

I bought the block from Ray Pampena at Pampena Motorsports, and I bought my heads from Cylinder Heads International. It was a little bit more money, but Ray carries such a great rep that it was worth it. So far, i have put 4k on it with no problems whatsoever. It wasn't easy but it was worth it to keep one of these TT's on the road.