I have a 1993 stealth sohc and it cranks, has fuel coming out of the return line when I turn the key off, no fuel when cranking. New fuel pump and filter. Pump is working, a shot of starting fluide

10

Asked by Mar 31, 2014 at 04:20 PM about the 1993 Dodge Stealth 2 Dr STD Hatchback

As stated, the engine cranks good and the fuel pump has been replaced and is working, replaced the fuel filter, and when I shoot a small amount of starting fluide in the engine it tries to start but won't. Removed the return line and only get fuel coming out when the key is turned off.

6,195

sounds like you have the pump hooked up wrong maybe

10

No, the pump can only go in one way and the plugs connect only one way.I belive that it is the fuel pump relay. I have a new one but can not find where the old one is. I have the mannels and it does not show a good picture and no description of where to find it. Any ideas on where it might be?

6,195

yeh let me get you a nice link on where it is ,, too much to type out

6,195

this link is for the fuel pump hot wire,, normally done to the TTs but it shows where the relay is though http://www.stealth316.com/2-fuelpumprelaybypass.htm

10

Thanks for the link. Very informative. BUT, my relay is NOT there! Maybe it is in a diffeerent location for a standard trans.? Any other posible locations? I am the origanial owner. So I know that onone has played with it.

10

No! A base model sohc.

6,195

my bad I didn't see it in the post lol

6,195

anyways the pump is controlled by the MFI relay behind the carperted panel on the side of the console, I totally forgot that the TTs are the only ones that have a dedicated fuel pump relay like that

6,195

heres how to test it if you don't want to just throw parts at the problem http://www.3si.org/forum/attachments/f1/78189d1253122498-testing-mfi-relay-mfi_test.jpg

10

Thank you! I really appreciate all your effort.I'll try this tomorrow. It is passed my bed time and it is dark out. Talk tomorrow.

6,195

ok good luck with it

6,195

how are you coming along with this problem 3girlcookies ??

10

Not well! The last sight you gave me I could not get into. Security code is just out of sight to follow. I still think it is the fuel relay and I still have not found it in my car. Still looking. Thanks for checking on me!

6,195

its behind the carpet in the console drivers side you know like where your knee hits when your driving

6,195

this is the pic in that link you couldn't get to open which I don't know why you wouldn't be able to but no matter here it is though, ill try and find something showing how to get to it

6,195

this link is for removing the ECU but it shows how to get to the MFI,, its the one on the passenger side, http://www.stealth316.com/2-ecmremoval.htm

6,195

this shows the actual location of the MFI http://www.3sx.com/store/comersus_viewItemBundle.asp?idProduct=26912

10

Yes, I know where it is and have the drawings and pictures for the MFI. I am still looking for the fuel relay. Can't find it in my car.

6,195

that is the relay bro lol on non turbo 3000gts the MFI is the relay,, thought I said that before, did you test the MFI ?

10

Thought I would bring you up to speed. I finally got my car started yesterday, Sunday, with some personal help. We took the fuel pump back out and tested it. It was bad! A bad NEW fuel pump. Well we pu the second new pump in and connecteed everything up and cranked it over. It started after about 8 seconds of cranking. It is now running great. Thanks for all of your help and time!