What do i need to do for the car start up and run?

Asked by Dec 13, 2014 at 12:52 PM about the 1988 Acura Integra 2 Dr RS Hatchback

the car has been sitting for 5-6 years in a garage. Wont start, has anti-lock light on, service engine

4,805

Well.......... I would drain the gas tank and flush the entire fuel system and then replace the fuel filter. Then... you can flush and replace the brake fluid. Pull and inspect spark plugs, new ignition wires, check all belts to see if they're still flexible otherwise replace. Pull all four wheels and inspect brakes..... Change oil with filter and clean or new air filter.................and then there's usually a reason a car has been put in storage, like some mechanical problem. My Geo Tacker was on stands for four years because it needed a part that was no longer made according to GM. Finally a company started making them so I did all of the above and more.