Temp guauge only 1/4 up

Asked by Sep 08, 2011 at 06:50 PM about the 1993 Dodge Spirit 4 Dr ES Sedan

Replaced the radiator a few months back, now it runs at 1/4 mark all the time.  i am getting heat but I am concerned that when it drops to 0 degrees and snow I won't actually have heat.  The thermostat is only a 15 - 20k miles old.  Could the temperature sensor be going bad?

55

Check your temp sensor, and thermostat. If still doing the same thing, hook up a water temp sensor gauge, if your stock gauge is not reading the same and is reading lower replace it.

My 93 Spirit 3.0 V-6 has run as you described since I bought the car in 2000 with 42,000 miles on it, there are two thermostat heat ranges for this car, factory is 195 degrees, alternate is 180 degrees, I had the engine completely rebuilt at 189,000 miles, I put the 180 in to ease the new engine heat on older components, with that in the winter my temperature gauge stays in between the quarter and first line with good heat even at 0 degrees, with your temp. gauge staying at the quarter mark with a new radiator I feel your heat will be adequate for the winter.