87 acura legend won't (always) start

15

Asked by Nov 27, 2016 at 04:38 AM about the 1987 Acura Legend L

My Acura Legend will sometimes crank and turn right over, sometimes it does not. I've checked the alternator fuse, the ignition fuse the battery voltage, the battery fuse and the terminals. When I turn the key the dash lights come on and the normal seat belt chime chimes, then when its to the point that it should crank it emits only a single click. Then i turn the ignition all the way off and turn it forward again, everything electrical turns on but once again it doesn't crank or turn over, just the click. I've hooked up a battery jumper pack that read 14.1V when i was attempting to start it. After i repeatedly attempt to start it sometimes it'll start on the second try, other times i can make 20 attempts and still nothing. I think its the starter, but I'm not positive, is there a way to test/troubleshoot this to narrow it down or to diagnose these symptoms? Any thoughts/experience/advise would be much appreciated...

No answers yet