Water mysteriously leaking into front and rear floorboards.

jbritton
5

Asked by Jul 22, 2013 at 09:50 AM about the 2011 Kia Forte5 SX

I believe it happens when it rains, normally, when my car is stationary.  I've only
noticed the water after a rain, and the amount of dampness/actual water inside my car
seems to be proportionate to the amount of rain.  Went through a car wash, and the
first pass of the water on the passenger side started to drip water on my girlfriends feet.  
I've tried to replicate the water leak by running a garden hose over my windshield, and
the gutter system on the engine side of the fire wall, tested my sunroof drains...no
water inside.  Then I took my car to the dealer, they also tried to get water to leak
inside the vehicle to no avail.  Then this morning, I finally noticed water on the drivers
side of the vehicle.  I'm at a loss for now, and any ideas, or things to test would be
greatly appreciated!

Nothing worse than wet feet on Girlfriend. Just kidding...have you taken a good look at the rubber molding around the doors? Sometimes it gets folded back on it's self..and at highway speeds, say 60mph or so do you hear any whistling~like sound? Air leaking like that? There is that and the little gutters above the doors, may be directing rainwater right in to seal around door. Look for that, then there is the air intake that ventilates the car. Maybe coming in through that..check cabin air filter see if it's wet. A garden hose may not duplicate rain water and that is why the dealer didn't find anything...OR ARE YOU SURE the service guy really didn't find a leak? Did you watch? Sometimes those guys will not be alltogether truthful ya know and didn't want to do any work on it...water leaks are a real PITA to them

jbritton
5

Thank you for your quick response...I will be sure to check the doors out tonight when I get home. I don't really hear any whistling around 60, but when I get closer to 90-100mph I do hear an odd noise, not quite whistling though. I didn't watch at the dealer, no, and it sounded like they just did the same things that I did (they didn't charge me for anything either though).

LeesvilleLinda
10

I have this problem too with my 2010 soul. I can't find a place under the car where the sunroof leakage is suppose to come out. There is a puddle of water on the drivers side backseat floors very time it rains. I paid $30 at the dealers for them to " blow the spiders out of the air conditioner drain tube". That was a waste! No door seal is leaking. I have blown the drain holes with the air compressor. I have introduced a bicycle brake cable into the drain hole. There must be an answer, Men. HELP