where is the choke pull off located?

Asked by Jul 31, 2013 at 11:36 AM about the 1988 Ford Festiva L

they stopped giving you a lever to pull the choke off....in the fifties~

It's all thermally activated....and has been for years~

used to be two pull knobs...back in the 1930's "throttle" and "choke" these are both automatic since...like forever~

185

My 92 doesn't have one, and I don't find one in my manual for my car, indicating the choke is probably automatic. If your motor is idling too fast sometimes a quick tap on the accelerator will undo a sticking choke. Get a manual for your car if u don't have one and see what it says, perhaps in the TROUBLESHOOTING section.

6,505

Roy.. ? Clyde, your 92 is EFI, his 88 is carby. But good info ;) Tamie, go to www fordfestiva com and get some help there. You can request help from KartRacer (Jay) - he is awesome with these carby festiva's! There are many other great people that care about your situation and are happy to have you and help you! Walth

185

Thanks Walth! I'll always yield the floor (or answer space) to someone more knowledgeable on a subject, and I appreciate the reminder (carb - EFI) as well as the lead! www.fordfestiva.com/KartRacer Jay! (Mine is STILL not running!)

6,505

No problem Clyde! Can you PM me your cargurus help topic? Or have I already commented on it? I don't know that much about the carbs -- different wiring harness, all those hoses, mech fp, and a lot of other changes. They're great, if running properly / clean carb.