Idle won't go down once engine is warmed up

20

Asked by Dec 01, 2012 at 01:57 AM about the 1988 Ford Festiva L

My idle won't go down to 700-750 rpm once the engine is warmed up.  Whenever I stop, the idle is at about 2000 rpm.  Anybody have problems with this?  Also, I can't find replacement FICB aka choke pull off diaphragm.  anybody know where I can get one?

12,035

Does the choke plate stay closed when warm? Try to manually open it to get normal idle rpm. If choke plate is open and you still have high rpm look for vacuum leak/leaks. On the rpm issue look for vacuum leak/leaks. One way to find them is with a can of starting fluid and spray short bursts of fluid on suspect areas. If you notice increase in rpm you found leak. Once you locate choke pull check for vacuum once up to operating temp. You should have full system vacuum (17in.) approx. To find a choke assembly check RockAuto or salvage yard.