what year festivas will the 1988 5 speed transmission work in?

Asked by Feb 07, 2015 at 10:34 PM about the 1988 Ford Festiva LX

I have a five speed manual 88 festival and a friend has a 90 and 91 and I want to
know if my transmission will work in either of them and if it does what do I have to
change to make it work

7,045

I believe the 88-89 MT's were 4 speed units but afaik any manual trans (4 or 5 speed) in any 88-93 festiva will work just fine without making any changes as long as you are swapping MT to MT. If you are trying to swap MT to AT or vice versa, then there are a bunch of changes. If you would like more info or to confirm my recollections, check out www.fordfestiva.com.

7,045

So, the 4 speeds in 88-89 were L and 5 speeds for 88-89 were LX. 89 also had auto and it's like a unicorn. 89 auto LX is like super rare, maybe? Someone posted one on the fb page the other day. Just an update. happy reading.

10

I need to no what all motors will inter charge with my 88model Ford festiva 1.3 liter (I need a listing on all vehicles that will inter change)

7,045

Qualis, join www.fordfestiva.com and search on there. Considering you are carb'd, I'm not as familiar with swapping engines in carb cars. But if there's info available, it'll be on the forum. HTH