Is a Nissan juke a good car for a 18yr old?

60

Asked by Apr 15, 2013 at 01:28 AM about the 2013 Nissan Juke S

Hi, I drive a Volkswagen beetle now
and it's really small and I want
something with four doors I've been
driving now for 2yrs and never been
in a wreck or got a ticket. So I'm
wondering do you think a juke would
be a good car I have a job and I
would finance it my parents are
gonna co-sign :) also is there any
way I can put a remote start on it?
Thanks :)
Oh btw I'm 18 I'm 6ft I'm a guy and I
weigh 150 lbs
Also is this Considered a "Chick
car"??

99,125

Find a Juke forum and ask the other Juke owners. They know what options to get and what to stay away from.

26,115

Hey Californiaman...I know you and I talked about some other car options before. The Nissan Juke is a nice, but small SUV, with decent HP from its 188 HP Turbocharged 1.6L 4 cylinder. I might have considered it myself when I was SUV shopping, but not crazy about the look of the front end, but if you like it...go for it! I'd strongly recommend going for the SV model at mimimum to get the Intelligent Key, which also gives you push button start (remote start MAY be available as an add-on option..or maybe aftermarket). SV also gives you the power moonroof and some other goodies the "S" base model doesn't have. I'm actually not sure what people think about the Juke in terms of it being a "chick car" (it's still too new to be stigmatized, I think)...it's a smaller version of the Nissan Rogue sort of (and that's considered a unisex car IMO). But I dismiss this sort of caveman thinking anyway...I drive a Mazda MX- 5, which some male neanderthals say isn't a manly-man car, who think driving a Camaro and wearing Mr. T gold jewelry around their necks are what makes up a real man...LMAO! I just know that I'm driving the best selling sportscar/convertible on the planet and is a helluva lot more reliable and better built than any GM or Chrysler product. Funny how people think....The older VW Beetles didn't gave this "stigma", but the New Beetles do...Go Figure!

15

It's a nice car...the Juke...go for it!!! (Nice performer)

45

Think of the resale value of it first. The car has a face only a mother can love so that might be a factor when trying to resell it.

26,115

Very true @ Masonchub66....Not sure what the Nissan designers had in mind with the front end of the Juke. Guess they wanted it to REALLY stand out and be unique. I like it otherwise and it would steal a helluva lot more sales from the Mitsu Outlander Sport, RAV4 and CR-V...maybe even Mini Cooper buyers, if it was less wacky looking...lol

60

Honestly I like it because it's unique looking I hate having a car that looks like everyone else's I just want to know if this is a good choice for an 18 yr old I'm Also looking at the Mazda 3 and ford focus hatchback

26,115

Hey Californiaman....I'd say the Nissan Juke would be a good choice for an 18 year old, to answer your question. You've got a quality vehicle with a unique look, room for your friends and cargo space too! It's small size with that Turbo will make it fun to drive as well. Check the insurance rates (thinking that the turbo may mean more $$). I've driven the Mazda 3 and it's an awesome car with nice styling, good acceleration and decent amount of room...I like the hatchback design better than the coupe ...looks better IMO. Focus is another sharp looking/performing car....All 3 are solid choices :)

YOU CAN PUT A REMOTE START IN ANY CAR SIMPLY GO TO A RADIO SHOP OR A CAR ALARM SHOP AND HAVE THEM PUT IT IN AS FAR AS TE JUKE IS CONCERNED IT WOULD BE GOOD FOR YOU HAVE SPORTSCAR HAVE SUV THE ONLY CAR SUV I RECOMMEND HIGHLY IS THE VOLKSWAGEN SUV TIGUAN

YES THE JUKE IS A GOOD CAR ALSO VOLKSWAGEN TIGUEN IS ALSO GOOD YOU CAN PUT REMOTE START IN ANY CAR GO TO CAR ALARM PLACE OR RADIO PLACE

15

Too fast for you if you are only 18. I was once like you are now. 18 years of age, and pretty responsible. However, turbos make your head spin faster than you can hold back. I own a Juke myself, but now I'm 57. Too fast for me too. regards, take care Arturo

THE JUKE IS A NICE CAR A TEENAGER WOULD HAVE FUN DRIVING IT YOU CAN KEEP THE CAR IN ECO MODE OR NORMAL MODE TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE ITS ALSO HAS TURBO MODE THAT GIVES THE CAR MORE TURBO BUT YOU DON;T HAVE TO USE IT IF YOUR TEENAGER WANTS TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE