I'm not getting spark from ignition coil. Coil tests good. Don't know how to test anything before it. Any ideas why car won't start?

Mike Sulfsted

Asked by Nov 07, 2013 at 03:59 PM about the 1983 Porsche 944 STD Hatchback

Jim Ruggere

Does the car crank over? You need three things to make the engine run: air, gas and spark. If you know the intake system is good (clean filter and no cracks or leaks in the duct work) and you can smell gas, chances are the spark if failing. Check the connections to the coil and all the plug wires. It could also be the ignition module which sends the electric to the coil.

Best Answer
Stephen Smith

Check the impulse sensor on the top of the trannny bell housing on drivers side. Often this is your culprit for no spark. They do fail.