How do I drain the bad gas out of my 1993 Dodge Grand Caravan SE. There is supposed to be a siphon valve at the back of the tank but can't find it.

Asked by Dec 20, 2013 at 09:36 PM about the 1993 Dodge Caravan 3 Dr SE AWD Passenger Van

put a gallon of good gas in there....engage the fuel pump and catch it with the line that you've put another fuel line off the fuel rail leadin' to a Jerry can to catch the pump until it quits....then put another five gallons of fresh 93 octane in there...hopefully it's not become varnish or anything that may plug the filter...oh yes change the filter~

is the pump burnt? is this why we cannot have the pump do all the heavy lifting here?~

you could unscrew the core out of the shroeder valve on the fuel rail...if equipped, then put your 1/4" fuel line on that (even with a breeze clamp, if necessary)....that way you'd only have the core of the shroeder valve to deal with~

2 out of 2 people think this is helpful. utm_source=google&utm_medium=ff&utm_content=YN&utm_campaign=P artsGeek+Google+Base&utm_term=1988- 1995+Dodge+Grand+Caravan+Fuel+Filter+Mann+W0133-1673690+88- 95+Dodge+Fuel+Filter+1990+1993&fp=pp&gbm=a&gclid=CIDtx5fHwLsC FclcMgodQAIAoQ

Today I put a drill pump on the tank side line for the fuel filter but could only get fuel to come through when I cranked the engine over at the same time. The stuff coming out is yellow and milky but not as bad as what I got before. I have to completely drain the tank. I tried putting a line down the filler but it was too stiff and wouldn't go in far enough tomorrow I'll try the line off my outboard tank with the squeeze bulb. There is supposed to be a syphon line at the back of the tank but can't find it.

105 bucks and I don't see no drain hole~____ 70/fit_id/7688/Year/1993/Make/Dodge/Model/Grand%20Caravan/source/go ogleps?gclid=CLf51Ob-wbsCFa9cMgodpXEA2Q

if you put the ignition switch into the ON position...the fuel pump will start circulatin' you don't have START the car...just enable the pump with the on position....take it you could NOT find the shroeder valve as this would have been a convenient way to drain the tank and when you hit the end and the pump cannot cool itself anymore the fuel flow will stop.~

The fuel pump will run for about 2 seconds in ON and will only run continuously when the engine is cranked. I know where the shroeder valve is but I went on the line before that on the fuel filter which is underneath by the cat converter with a drill pump. The fuel would not come with the drill pump running until I cranked the engine. If I splash some gas in the air intake the engine starts and will idle for quite a while but just touch the gas pedal and it dies. I really need to get the fuel out. I'm thinking I could attach a line to the engine side of the filter and run the engine off that and then the fuel in the tank should be pumped out at the tank side of the fuel filter line. I put a hose into the filler pipe but couldn't get it into the fuel. I'm sure the end of the hose was well into the tank but not into the fuel. there is a little less than a 1/4 tank full.

you will be putting a new tank on that one? no? if this is the case...just take the straps off in preparation for the installation and crappy gas be no more~ get out of our lives altogether~ My steel recyclers will NOT take a gas tank if it has gas in we have to start an huge bonfire?

Not changing the tank. It looks like plastic and have no reason to suspect problems with it. Have a friend who needs to burn wood waste, stumps etc. on his property so no problem getting rid of the bum gas. Try again tomorrow and then will drop tank to empty it. Don't think there is any other problem. Pump seems OK. Seems that pump senses engine not running and shuts off, so just runs when cranking or actually running. Sometimes these engines are too smart for their own good.

Alex Zuniga

Can someone please tell me where is the fuel filter for my 1993 dodge caravan thanks