The interior lights on my Grand Caravan have stopped coming on when the door is opened or the dashboard switch is activated. They will still turn on when you depress them individually, so I know they are getting electricity and the bulbs work.

Asked by Mar 19, 2007 at 04:13 PM about the 1993 Dodge Caravan 3 Dr LE Passenger Van

I'm wondering if this could be a computer problem?  If so, where is the computer that would need to be replaced?  Other electrical things work fine, like the headlamps stay on for a couple of minutes after the engine is switched off, the radio works, all the gauges work.

15,890

Hello sciencemagic-- You know, most people that come to me with this problem find that the interior lights are in the off position and that's why they don't come on. Most interior light switches have three positions- on all the time, off all the time or on only when the door opens. Make sure you are not in the off position. Beyond that, electrical problems are virtually impossible to diagnose without seeing the car in person. I recommend you seek professional help. Good luck from Bovan.

Yeah, I wish it were that simple! But I've tried the manual light switch. In fact, when I move it to "on" I can hear a relay click in, but nothing gets sent to the lights to turn them on. Professional help sounds expensive. I do almost all my own maintenance, but this one has me stumped. Thanks for the answer, though!

10

I have a 2000 dodge grand caravan I put the key in the ignition and the light work in side and out side but when I turn it off no lights work including headlights do any one have some sort of suggestions by the wayI check the fuses