No electrical power

20

Asked by Apr 22, 2015 at 05:37 PM about the 2004 Ford E-350 STD Econoline Cargo Van

2004 Ford 10 cylinder E350 Super Duty problem.  I replaced starter and solenoid and now
there is no electrical power.  Lights dont work, key in starter switch does not set-off "beep
beep beep" sound and there is no starter action.  Not even a click.  The battery is charged
and the cables look good with clean ends and good connections.  I can not find any blown
fuses.  I'm stumped.

7,695

Was the accessory lead at the starter hooked back up?

20

I believe it was connected in proper position but cannot find diagram to confirm. There is one large red BAT wire to the solenoid's top post, another large diameter black wire grounded to bellhousing flange and a smaller switch wire which may be a fusible link. There also is a large diameter post on top of solenoid. Do you suggest I bypass fusible link with solid wire? Thanks

7,695

Only for test purposes. Were the cables remove from the battery, accessory lead may not have been hooked back up or to wrong side of battery.

20

Battery cables correctly reinstalled. Bypassed fusible link but still no power.

7,695

I just looked at Mitchell on demand wiring diagrams and it looks like there fusible links in the system, it shows them on the fire wall, drivers side 12 gauge wire red.

20

Thanks - I will search. EPS

20

No evidence yet. EPS

20

125amp fusible link coming off starter relay is ok as are the engine compartment fuses. Still searching

10

this exact thing is currently happening to me. Exactly as the poster describes. I changed the starter and solenoid but now there is no power to my van. Did you ever find a solution? Thank you

20

I wired a separate starter button (O'Reilly Auto Parts). Ignition key needs to be in RUN position and shift lever in PARK. Truck starts and operates as normal. No, I do not understand the reason for the problem, but have no troubles with my shade-tree mechanic lash-up.

20

I wired a separate starter button (O'Reilly Auto Parts). Ignition key needs to be in RUN position and shift lever in PARK. Truck starts and operates as normal. No, I do not understand the reason for the problem, but have no troubles with my shade-tree mechanic lash-up