trying to put a dodge stealth ES bumper on a 1994 dodge stealth r/t, will it fit?

Asked by Sep 09, 2013 at 03:39 PM about the 1994 Dodge Stealth 2 Dr R/T Hatchback

Simply put an old lady hit my cherry red mint cond. 1994 dodge stealth r/t at about 50
mph and now i need a whole new back bumper. I found one exact color but it's from an
ES. will it fit without a lot of problems?

Closest I found is 700 miles away. 2nd gen bumpers seem to be hard to come by, even on craigs list

5,625

did my last answer get deleted ??

I wondered the same thing, i didn't delete it

5,625

damn well join in some 3000gt/stealth forums and im sure youll find some parts .... what year is your RT and is it an NA or TT ?

5,625

I sent ya a message ive found your parts for ya lol should check your messages and get back to me ill send ya my name so you can get at me straight through facebook ok

65

To answer your question, the Dodge Stealth ES and Dodge Stealth RT rear bumpers are indeed different. While you could fabricate it to make it fit (extra work), it'd require you to also replace the taillights, center garnish, and end cap replacements where your RT taillights currently sit. Either way, sorry to hear about your car!

Best Answer

Is that the only way to make the bumper fit? I have the center piece, taillights and end cap replacements for the ES as well so it wouldn't be a problem, just more work than i feel like doing haha.

5,625

why the hell would ya do that to an RT ???? that's just retarded,, sorry not trying to be a jerk but really, just pick a bumper up for 200 bucks and be done with it, I know where theres about 12 that ya could have right now, correct trim and gen and probably correct color as well

65

Redthor, just about any other way you do it would require significantly more work than I suggested earlier. The reason is because the RT rear bumper is taller near the top, which reaches up to the thinner center garnish and the RT taillights. As a result, if you try to mount an ES bumper using the RT taillights and center garnish, you would have a large gap between the lights and the bumper. That's why the ES taillights and center garnish should come with it; to eliminate those gaps. One other thing worth noting: if I remember correctly, there is a brace/shelf supporting the bumper that would need to be moved an re-welded as well to do this conversion correctly. It's really not as difficult as it sounds, but you still might be better off finding a 3000GT/Stealth enthusiast website. I'm not sure if we're allowed to link them here, but search for 3SI (3000GT/Stealth International) and 3SGTO. They each have classifieds sections that have a number of 1994 Dodge Stealths being parted out right now, as well as a large support network of fellow owners that can help you out with problems you might experience in the future. Good luck!

5,625

do you even see my posts stealthify ??? lol

65

Yeah, I always see your posts. :p

I have not found any bumpers near me with reasonable prices, freight charges are crazy. I NEED TO GET TO WORK. IM NOT TRYING TO IMPRESS ANYONE WITH MY CAR.

I'm by Philadelphia and don't want to pay a lot for a damn bumper. I don't care enough

5,625

I thought that 200 bucks was cheap lol shipping is probably about a 150 so what 350 that's not bad, but I guess that's more that ya wanna pay oh well no big

I'm cheap, I'm in doctorate school and have bills to pay, love the car but the better cosmetics will have to wait for when I can spare it the funds it deserves. The car has been a bitch over the years so to say I'm 'mad at it' would be an understatement