dodge spirit wont crank

Asked by Apr 14, 2010 at 12:43 AM about the 1994 Dodge Spirit 4 Dr STD Sedan

My 1994 Spirt won't crank, Batery is Ok, starter is Ok (I passed direct charge and this works), even I replaced the starter relay, but nothing. When I turn the key to crank position, the brake lamp on the dashboard lights as usual, but there is not even a noise. I think is a hidden fuse blown, but I can't find it.

155

Hmmm, At first it sounded like a relay issue (Starter Relay by the Battery and Computer NOT on the Starter), but reading further it can be a few things; Ignition Switch, Nuetral Safety Switch, and worse case Scenario a power wire to the Computer (A.K.A. a Fusible Link). More than likely, its the Neutral Safety Switch. Try to see if your car will start in the Neutral position, if it does, this is a Dead give away! Another give away is if your Reverse lights are good but do not turn on when in the reverse position, even though car is off, with the ignition on start position. If it doesn't it might be damaged, like it happened to me once, or a faulty connection. WORSE CASE SCENARIO, This also happened to me. The reason its worse case is because you will have to have an Electrition Diagnose the problem. Depending where you live, they Aren't normally cheap. He will check each and every wire to and from the computer for power, once found he'll install a Fusible Link.

Thank you Stephen. I guess is the Neutral Safety Switch. It won't start in netral too, but reverse lights won't lit. Is this too difficult to replace the "Fuse Links"? Regards

155

The fusible link is hard because you have to find out WHICH wire goes to the ignition and Computer. Fix the Neutral Safety Switch first, its only about $13.00 and is really easy to replace if you find it under the car infront of the Transmission.

Correct Mr. Stephen. I replaced the Neutral Safety Switch and the car started. Thank you very much.

155

Your Very Welcome. I'm Just glad I could help!

20

my 1992 dodge spirit es ran find to work , went to go home and the key switch wont brouce back from start postion and it wont start or crank. Do you think that it is the switch or is it more to it ?