what is the S under my odometer mean?

Asked by Jul 01, 2013 at 03:45 PM about the 1987 Ford Thunderbird LX

???? Is it a Super coupe? That's new to me... is it digital?

No "S" on this one.

The "S" means that the Odometer/Speedometer has been replaced. "S" for Serviced

If the agency or individual that replaced your Speedo did what they're supposed to do, there will be a sticker on the "B" pillar or driver's door stating when and at what mileage the Speedo was replaced.

tammy,is this a digital odometer?and is this S in the message center 87 bird had the option available with a Speed sstting,where you could set a warning when you reach your set speed in the message center if this is what you have there is a S button which is used for SET,hope this helps

I've heard some garbage in here but that one takes the cake! What '87 T-Bird you been smokin'?

tracy,look it up and do your homework,thats what im smokin

Yeah, right. I haven't been a certified Ford tech since '87 either.

well tracy i read it out of a Ford service manual from my Ford dealership,just trying to help, giving the facts as a fellow senior master tech.

And bow we all know that tracy is a prick and dont let him work on your car lmfao. I have a 87 tbird with digitial dash and yes. It is a button u push when your att 55 or whatever speedlinit is and if you get to far off it alerts you. So maybe tracy has been a certified wana be tech since 87. And any ding dong can get certified. Lmao. What a joke

And no the s is not for serviced your dash. Lol. sounds like he wishes he was a ford tech hahah

Jayy Get a life.

Thats the same thing i thought wen i read ur what are you smokin response. How funny. Hahaha. And you call your self a tech and dont even know this and then open your mouth and miss inform people. So ya i do have a life. I was confirm you were wrond. And ford tech giy was rite. No need to get but hurt