The driver side window on my 1987 Thunderbird fell into the door well. Does anyone know how to pull it out and prevent it from falling in again? Thanks very much.

Asked by Aug 27, 2014 at 01:32 PM about the 1987 Ford Thunderbird Sport

1987 Ford Thunderbird ... driver side window fell into door well.  I'd like to know how to pull
it out and keep it from doing that again.

92,715

You need to pull of the door panel to find out what broke, and replace it. Who know what it could be, any where from just a broke plastic runner to the entire regulator unit.

Best Answer

Thanks for the response. Do you have any tips about taking out the door panel?

92,715

Feel along the lower edge of the door and take out the screws, ther should also be one in the arm rest recess and there could be one on the upper aft wrap around area, then remove door handle, lock knob etc. I can't remember if the switches are in a panel or not if they are there should be a screw in the upper area, remove screw and carefully lift out panel, there will be a bunch of wires with special plugs on them attached by more screws remove screws and unplug wiring, now you can start to take off the door panel, I use a medium straight blade screw driver to lift open a spot between the panel and the door metal, use a good flashlight to locate the panel trim tabs, using a long nose pliers get underneath each tab and pry outward, you will most likely pop the top of of a few of the tabs, they are avaliable from most parts stores, once the panel is loose then lift slightly on the panel and it will come loose from the top edge, and there you go.

5,085

Tennis shoe has nailed it, Like he said, after you get the door panel off, you will then be able to figure out what went wrong and fix it.

Thanks to all of you for your helpful ideas. I do appreciate all the help!

10

Hey I just had that problem. Don't just replace the clips buy the whole assembly. You can get them on ebay for 30 bucks. It isn't worth the time of fixing the old one.

10

You can see a video on how to replace on youtube