Help needed figuring out why my 85 mustang bogs down whe you try to accelerate quickly

25

Asked by Mar 01, 2013 at 01:01 PM about the 1985 Ford Mustang GT Convertible

I've changed the fuel filter made sure the Cadalitic converter wasn't clogged help would be
greatly appreciated all that seems to happen is as you start to accelerate it bogs down but
if you slowly accelerate it is fine

99,235

Your carburetor has a acceleration pump that is supposed to squirt a shot of fuel down the throat when the butterflies first open. It sounds like yours is not squirting. - With the engine off, remove the air cleaner and open the throttle quickly. You should see a little spray.

395

What kind of engine?

25

5.0 V8 the engine with throttle body fuel injection and is several years newer with 8,000$ in replaced and new aftermarket parts one moment let me upload a photo of the engine

395

Could be your mass airflow sensor, plugged injectors, a failing fuel pump. Do you have a scan tool??

995

its your fuel pressure regulator i think, when u accelerate hard u need more fuel pressure to spray all that fuel in....it sounds like when ur accelerating slowly, the fuel pressure doesnt need to go as high so theres no issue....but it could also just be a tune up, maybe running a bit too lean and not getting enough fuel off the line