My 89 Prelude SI, won't start if it's over about 70 degrees outside.

Asked by Aug 09, 2014 at 11:56 PM about the 1989 Honda Prelude 2 Dr Si Coupe

It starts fine if it's cool, like parked in my garage. But if I leave it out in the sun or drive it for a while, no go. Not even turning over or making ANY sounds.  I have replaced 2 relays, 1 under the hood and the main 1 under the dash.  Still won't start when warm. It will always push start OK, but finding a slight hill to always park on isn't always easy. It's my baby.  Had it' since it was new.  Don't want to say goodbye just yet. Help?

Have you had starter tested?

It's the Fuel pump relay which is located under the Dash above the steering column. Cost around $95 CDN and its a Honda Dealer item ( Non refundable). Next time try a simple test by parking the car in the Hot Sun with all windows open. The car should start cause you release most of the Heat that is trap in the car which affect this Relay. Good luck