I have a Ford Bronco 2 and I drove it to school and when I got out and tried to start it the starter did not want to shut off. I even took the key out of the ignition and it was still trying to start. I replaced the starter solenoid on the fender on March 12th. I worked on trying to see if maybe there was some bare wire showing but couldnt find anything. I replaced the starter button on it because the key ignition does not work. I was told that maybe i have to replace the starter relay. I was just wondering what you're imput is on the situation??

Asked by Mar 28, 2014 at 11:22 AM about the 1989 Ford Bronco II Eddie Bauer 4WD

25,305

It's possible for the relay to arc closed. There is one or two small wires connected to the Starter Solenoid. Disconnect them and see if the problem persists. If it does - bad Solenoid. If it does not - faulty wiring to the solenoid. You could also check the solenoid with an Ohm meter. It should not have continuity across the large terminals with no power to the small one(s).